Post: Northern Network for Medical Humanities Research ECR Development Lead Location: Durham City Faculty / Division: Arts and Humanities Department: Institute for Medical Humanities Grade: Grade 6 Contract Type: Casual,…
The Northern Network for Medical Humanities Research (NNMHR) is an interdisciplinary group which acts as a hub for academic researchers in the medical humanities as well as practitioners, artists and others who may wish to collaborate.
The Network is led by medical humanities researchers at the University of York, Liverpool University, Durham University, the University of Leeds, Glasgow University, Sheffield University, Northumbria University, the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, and Newcastle University. We are supported by funding from the Wellcome Trust.
The purpose of the NNMHR is:
- To provide networking opportunities with established and developing medical humanities centres in the northern region;
- To assist with establishing and developing the research identity of the field;
- To develop new researchers in the field at postgraduate and post-doctoral level;
- To provide a public-facing identity for research-based medical humanities for practitioners, artists and others who may wish to collaborate;
- To allow for sharing and dissemination of information about resources and facilities, especially archives and museums, outside the London areas.