Call for Papers: ‘Senses in Modern Health/Care Environments: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives’, University of Bristol, 8-9 September 2021
We are pleased to invite submissions for an interdisciplinary conference exploring the sensory aspects of environments of health and care, broadly conceived. Together, we will debate the complex intertwining of spaces, materials, technologies, bodies and human behaviour, spanning architecture and design, arts and health, history and sociology, literature, medical education, and much more.
For the full call, please see CFP. Senses in Modern Health/Care Environments: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives.
· We will aim to let you know of the outcome of your submission by early March 2021.
· The conference will feature three key strands, though it is not mandatory to apply to these: Mundane Materialities of Care, Senses and Emotions, and Form and Experience: Designing for Health and Care.
· We are offering fee-paying commissions for up to six artists and creative practitioners to deliver creative, immersive, or interactive presentations, workshops or activities
· Travel bursaries are available for early career, unwaged and postgraduate researchers, as well as support for international delegates.
· We anticipate a joining fee of approximately £25 per day, not including travel and accommodation.
This conference is hosted by the Wellcome Trust-funded network ‘Senses and Modern Health/care Environments: Exploring interdisciplinary and international opportunities’ (2019-22). To join the network, please see here.